Monday, June 16, 2008

Inevitable

Precipice is a laugh out loud game. I agree fully with Alex's review on Webshite. But it's only about six hours long. I "hundred-percented" it way too quickly. While it seems that we won't have to wait long for a sequel, I am currently bereft of game once again and loathe to make yet another investment.

Last week at a work event in the Northern suburbs of Chicago, 2 Wii's were raffled off over the course of an after-hours outdoor cocktail event. In the fading twilight, as the last ticket number was announced, I noticed it matching so far with the one in my hand. 7...yes... 2... yes (ok, stay calm)... 7. Shit! I had a 1.

No one got up. My companions, who had lingered with me at the boring event just to see if I would win, jeered to me that I should just go up and claim it anyway. "You have to be here to win!" the announcer teased the crowd. I realized in the dark that I could be forgiven for mistaking the hook-topped 1 with a 7 should I be called on it, and if not, the Wii would be mine! I stood up.

But it was too late. Another ticket had already been drawn and the numbers were being read off. As a slightly intoxicated young woman giggled her way up to the table, the Wii was handed to her without even a glance at her stub.

But you know what? It's nice out anyway and as is often pointed out to me, my leisure time spent in front of a screen is better used for writing. So on that note, who's up for some golfing this weekend?

4 comments:

Beers said...

Nothing to play? For shame! TF2!

Beers said...

Oh, and what's this about you being in my town?

Greg said...

Beers, beers... TF2 is an excellent diversion, but I'm in the mood for a game with a good storyline.

And I was in Lincolnshire on business for a few nights. It is practically in Wisconsin. We went to a cubs game one night and were bussed right back out into boringville without ever getting to enjoy the town.

goose said...

Golf this weekend? Hell I golf virtually every weekend, you know this! Call me with details... I'm in.