Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Car Talk Pt 2

This is more therapy for me than anything else. I've come to the point in my car-shopping journey where I must make a decision, but there is no decision that leaves me feeling like a winner here. At least I got to test drive a WRX this morning before it was purchased out from under me.

Final option #1:
Another Jeep. I could go with one of the few new 2010 2dr wranglers left in the area. This one is actually pretty sweet. Major differences from my current wrangler include that it's black instead of forest green, it has annoying "mountain" trim decals which can and would be removed from the hood, power windows and both a hard and soft top for summer and winter. A soft top is one of those things that just completes the wrangler experience. But the gas mileage! And the barely usable back seats! Those things still haven't been improved.

Another downside is that the good program is for a 39 month lease instead of 36, and I would need to put another $500 down over what I'm putting into the other options to get to the same monthly payment.

Final option #2:
The Subaru Forester XT. All wheel drive, functional, faster off the line, shorter breaking distance, easy-to-get-to back seats, better gas mileage (19 city/24hwy vs. wrangler's 15/19) and a huge sunroof. Downside is it's lower to the ground than a wrangler and handles more like a car. Also, no soft top. I get this, put roof racks on to distinguish myself from housewives who just want an AWD station wagon, then cry myself to sleep every night for the next month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.