Monday, December 8, 2008

Heh heh... OLED

My extended research on display thises and thats has coughed up a new nascent technoloy for flat panel display. OLED - Organic Light Emitting Diode televisions. Only a few millimeters deep, flexible, bendy screens with brighter, punchier displays than LCD and contrast ratios and refresh rates far beyond even plasma's capabilities, it'll be interesting to watch as sizes get bigger and prices get more reasonable.

Oh, and for anyone really looking for a deal... It doesn't get much better than this. At least for now. Who knows what'll happen next week with our wacky, scary as hell economy.

2 comments:

Mike Garvey said...

Lisa and I are in the market for a big TV but are totally ignorant. Any advice?

Greg said...

I've been driving myself crazy over it the past few weeks. I'll email you a bunch of stuff I've come to understand about what seems to matter, and we can go from there.