Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Squiggle mouth

To piggy back on Alex’s post, I too was recently told I resembled a celebrity I don’t care for. At a baby shower this weekend I was told by a stranger that I look like Jake Gyllenhaal, specifically his character in Brokeback Mountain. Ouch. The person paying what she thought was a compliment didn’t register what might not be awesome about that.

My dislike for Gyllenhaal has nothing to do with that movie at all. I’ve never seen it, so all off color jokes aside, it doesn’t weigh in on my opinion one way or another. I just don’t think he should be in movies. He’ll always be Bubble Boy to me. His mouth is shaped like a tilde (~). He seems simple minded and awkward. The roles I’ve seen him play, such as in Jarhead, were weak and unconvincing to me. That’s pretty much why I don’t like him. Who would want to be told they look like that? Caitlin says it’s the beard.

1 comment:

Alex said...

And your big, pretty eyes, of course.