Thursday, March 6, 2008

It's been a good week

I meant to start this blog in time for BufBloPoFo, but I am a slothful person when it comes to writing. Oh well. I'm here now, and that's what counts.

Firstly, last Saturday I attempted to run the Shamrock Run 8k, while still recovering from a nasty cough and braving what some would call gale force winds. I did not dress appropriately, and my nipples nearly froze off. Here's me before the foolish endeavor.

Keep smiling, you idiot. If it sounds like I'm making excuses already, it's because I am. I ran a respectful (for me) 52:10, but by "ran" I mean, "kept up with Caitlin's blistering speed as long as I could, then shamefully walked/jogged the rest".

Still, I got a free sweatshirt out of it.

Secondly, I picked up a new computer on Woot for a ridiculously low price. It's a lu-lu, too. Quad Core, 500gb hard drive, 3gb ram, etc, etc. So expect to hear about games a lot while the weather slowly thaws.

Thirdly, it's Thursday already. Which means two more days and we're on the weekend again.


As for the BufBloPoFo topic of the day, I was into the usual 80's boy stuff, GI Joe, Voltron, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Star Wars. Of course it molded me today. Like so many other man-children my age, I harbor great respect and admiration for all things Ninja, thanks to the exploits of Snake Eyes, Stormshadow, the Black Lion, Raphael and Panthro.

I still believe in finesse over brute strength and like the idea of a smarter, smaller guy embarrassing a big dumb oaf in a fight. Maybe it's because I'm friends with a bunch of guys who all lived under power lines and as a result, I'm shorter than most of them. Or maybe it's because ninjas are just unstoppable inhuman machines of grace and pain.

2 comments:

Mike Garvey said...

First comment ever! wee!

Beers said...

Welcome back. I've already linked you on my site. Congratulations on the new baby. May I suggest Team Fortress 2 (and The Orange Box) as an excellent addition to your gaming collection?