Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall guy

It's no secret, I've blogged about it before. I heart autumn. Best beer, best sports, best weather, best hiking. Best holidays. One thing I also like is the sound of the accordian, which we get to (or have to, depending on your perspective) hear more often during glorious Oktobahfesht. Maybe it's because I'm half kraut, half pollock. I just like hearing a nice Alpine rhythm coming out of the squeeze box. Or a Piratey theme. 's good stuff. Roll out the barrels, I say. Yo ho ho.

I also have to recommend a new cartoon, Chowder, for anyone who hasn't suffered through one of my failed attempts to explain why it's so damned funny. It is on par with and often a cut above Dexter's Lab, and a good rebound-toon for a world gone cold and clammy with Avatar withdrawal pangs.